Information : Fermeture du forum. Les inscriptions ne sont plus permises. Vous pouvez encore vous connecter et consulter les messages pour le moment.
Nous vous invitons à rejoindre notre discord pour continuer à échanger entre taraddicts : https://discord.gg/SzQ2JuK

For those who want to speak english

Un soucis à l'école, une rédaction qui vous inspire pas ? Un exercice de math difficile? Une leçon d'histoire- géographie obscure? C'est ici que ça se passe!

Re: For the ones that whants to speak english

Messagepar Lucille » 10 Mai 2015, 13:16

Ha ha, it's not like a European Section :)
Sorry it makes me laugh, but International Section is SO MUCH MORE difficult (sorry, but it's true)
We have an exam, and we have to be B1+, the level of Terminales. We have English, English literature and history in English (more than 8h undoubtedly)
And we can go to a British school without GCSE, or the TOIFL. Because during the exam for the bac, we are considered as native speakers... :s
Lucille

Localisation: It doesn't matter, whatever happens to me, to the world... I'll always come back to you. I promise.

Messagepar Ewilio » 10 Mai 2015, 13:20

Arrrg, sorry
B1+ is the level for Terminales? For me, it's the level for 3èmes...
Ewilio

Messagepar Yasminerita » 10 Mai 2015, 13:22

Yes, I'm almost certain that B1+ isn't the level for Terminales x)
Yasminerita

Messagepar Crépuscule » 10 Mai 2015, 13:23

Year me too Ewi!
But your class is very difficult Lu!
They say the hero wins once the vilain dies. But I lost the moment you fell.
Crépuscule

Messagepar Lucille » 10 Mai 2015, 13:25

That's what our teachers told us. I didn't check.
Well, I had the European Option, and it's very different. More... Relaxed. We don't do grammar anymore, we learn technical vocabulary (literature vocabulary) and we write essays and stuffs like that.
I didn't know it existed for Arabic !
Lucille

Localisation: It doesn't matter, whatever happens to me, to the world... I'll always come back to you. I promise.

Messagepar Everniss » 10 Mai 2015, 14:14

My life is potato.
Everniss

Messagepar Clem » 10 Mai 2015, 15:12

Lucky you, you're in an International Section! I had this opportunity, but the highschool was too far from my home and I didn't want to go at boarding, so I just went on a classic curse... I regret sometimes, it could have been the best thing ever for me, and maybe it would have helped me to be accepted in a British college next year. Nevermind, I'll try again when I'll have finished prépa!

Do you plan to study in UK or US after you got your bac?
Clem
Modérateur

Localisation: en train de faire le commentaire de Méranella, Sarah

Messagepar Lucille » 10 Mai 2015, 15:27

I'm not sure of what I want to do after school, but indeed, Cambridge interests me a lot. Either their languages or their history college. (You have an Eastern languages department where you can learn akkadian !)
But, it's expensive (£9000 for fees, and even more to actually LIVE there), and you must get at least 17 in English, hisyory and literature for your bac. I'm not sure living abroad is a problem, since I live in Normandy, next to the harbour, and the ferry is kinda cheap.
Anyone planning to study abroad ?
Lucille

Messagepar Yasminerita » 10 Mai 2015, 15:48

Yasminerita

Messagepar Everniss » 10 Mai 2015, 16:36

I know right ?
Oh and I will allow myself to edit this post as my purpose was also to practice. Yeah, I love speaking english, so if you guys want me to talk about smtg or whatever there is no problem. (Hey but Aude kind of taught me a lot of things and i'm still a shitty english student so.) By the way I quoted "My life is potato" since I was watching What The Cut's lastest video and it was really funny.
I've been learning English for quite a long time now, hence all the papers i barely understand lost in my room. However my skills are REALLY lame and hm, I'm always trying to improve. At school we are taking English litterature classes and it's fascinating, even though It seems like i'm the only student truly into it (and I hate that feeling lol).

edit : By the way my level as a L should be C1 now, so hm no it's not B1 lol.
Everniss

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Salle de cours